Open University at the Department of Political Science adopts the same general and specific entry requirements to the various subjects at bachelor level as the ordinary university.
General entry requirements
To be admitted requires that you have passed your upper secondary education, i.e. one of the following:
- Upper secondary school programme (studentereksamen)
- Higher preparatory examination programme (højere forberedelseseksamen – hf)
- Higher commercial examination programme (højere handelseksamen – hhx)
- Higher technical examination programme (højere teknisk eksamen – htx)
- Upper secondary school leaving examination certificate from other EU and EØS countries
- Special upper secondary programme for foreign language students (GIF)
Specific entry requirements
To be admitted to the Department of Political Science also requires an upper secondary school programme as follows: Danish level A, English level B, mathematics level B, and either history level B, history of ideas level B, social studies level B, or contemporary history level B. All subjects require a pass.
Please note: level B mathematics is required when taking Method 1 and 2, Microeconomics and Macroeconomics. It is not possible to apply for exemption to this requirement.
Entry requirements – master’s courses
Admission to master’s courses requires that you have passed a bachelor’s degree or have equivalent documented qualifications.
It is possible to apply for admission to certain single subjects even if you do not meet each specific entry requirement. Contact email@example.com for more information.