Caroline Louise Howard Grøn
Øster Farimagsgade 5, 1014 København K, 18, 2. sal, Building: 18.2.10
Primary fields of research
- Organization theory
- Public management - especially at street level
- The European Commission
- Small state behaviour in relation to the EU institutions; especially the European Commission
- Participation of mininsters in Council of Ministers meetings
- Relations between politicians and public managers
Caroline is currently working on projects within the following themes:
- Public management, especially the role of trust and control
- Implementation of performance mangement at street level
- Motivation and performance management in public organizations
- Public mangement in times of austerity
- Small states lobbyism: comparing Danish and Swedish strategies of accessing the European Commission
- The use of senior civil servants in the EU Council of Ministers
- The relationship between politicians and public managers; trust and managerial room of maneuver
Caroline teaches a broad selection of courses within the fields of public administration and international public administration. She has taught organization theory, international organizations and public management. She is currently responsible for teaching large parts of the specialization on organization and management at the department of political science, University of Copenhagen. She has furthermore taught introductory courses to public admininstration and political science at large.
Caroline supervises master thesis especially within organization theory, motivation theory, public management and EU studies.
Caroline takes a keen interest in developing teaching materials and methods. She has coauthored a journal article on students expectations to teaching and has edited books used in introductory courses in public administration. She has furthermore edited and contributed to other volumes used for teaching purpses.
She is currently working on interdisciplinary course (with the department of psychology) and the use of videos for teaching puproses.
- PublishedGrøn, C. L. H. & Salomonsen, H. H. 2015 In : Journal of European Public Policy. 22, 8, p. 1071-1088 2
Publication: Research - peer-review › Journal article
Still the ‘Other’ European Community? The Nordic Countries and the European Union: The Nordic Countries and the European UnionGrøn, C. L. H., Nedergaard, P. & Wivel, A. 2015 The Nordic Countries and the European Union: Still the other European Community?. Grøn, C. H., Nedergaard, P. & Wivel, A. (eds.). Abingdon;N.Y.: Routledge, Ch. 1, p. 1-12 12 p. (Routledge Advances in European Politics).
Publication: Research - peer-review › Book chapter